Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day David!

Dear David,


Today we celebrated two special events, something that only happens once every eleven years, Father's Day and your birthday. I can't begin to tell you how many ways you have amazed me with your strength, love, commitment and support to both myself and our boys. When I met you, almost 15 years ago, gosh we're old, I never thought that we would be where we are today...but I'm so thankful that our paths crossed all those years ago.


I still remember the day that Logan was born, the look on your face as you held him for the first time was priceless and not a word was uttered from you for a good five minutes while you held him and soaked it all in. Ever since that first day, we've had alot of fun and frustrations but through everything, you've been there every step of the way. Three years later, Carter came along and when he was born, I saw a veteran dad, still holding your son in awe and wonder but I also saw a very proud man who knew that he had two sons to teach the things that his father had taught him. As Logan looked on at his new little brother and sang to him, I saw you smile, holding Carter in your arms and patting Logan on the back as he sang to Carter...it's a picture that I'll never forget.


At this moment, our boys don't really understand this kind of unconditional love but I know as time passes, you'll be here, guiding them and showing them how to be men. You are so fortunate to have this special type of bond that the three of you will carry on for the rest of your lives and as their mother and your wife, it is truly a joy to watch this each and every day. My hope is that our boys grow up and become just like you...a loving man with the heart of a child.

Happy Birthday to my best friend and Happy Father's Day to an amazing dad!

No comments: