Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Grateful

It's been such a long time since I've posted but the emotions that I've experienced today compelled me to write today. Being a mom is a challenge...in more ways than one. You long to protect your children from harm and hope to instill in them the right values that they can someday pass along to their own children. It is when I sit in the silence of my house (which I rarely get) do I reflect upon the fact that I have a blessed life...sometimes more than I deserve. Although being a mom is stressful, I cherish every day knowing that I have two beautiful, healthy sons who love me unconditionally, and I them.

In a world that is ever changing, I see so many mothers around me who have the extraordinary struggles of not only being a mom but dealing with extreme sickness and unfortunately death of a child. In talking with a co-worker whose son was diagnosed four years ago with a brain tumor, and has recently been told that a mass is appearing again, I listened and watched at how her strength and faith in God is guiding her through these challenging times. Although I've never experienced that type of situation in my own life, as a mom, my heart ached as I know the thoughts that were circling in her mind. But, we carry on, pray for one another and hope that with each passing day, it brings these families one step closer to finding a cure.

There are so many ways to say you love someone but for me, it is the extra hug I give my boys as I tuck them in at night, or the extra kisses I plant on them when they're not expecting it...just the physical attention I give them lets them know that they are my world and I wouldn't trade this life for anything.

I am grateful to my mom and dad...for showing me how to be a strong person and love with all my heart.

I am grateful to my husband Dave...for his constant love over the years and for giving me the gift of our two wonderful sons.

I am most grateful to my sons...each day, in their own unique and fun way, they show me how to love even more than I thought I could.

Even though I don't always say it out loud, I am always grateful.

No comments: