Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Year...already playing catch up

Ok, so much for my goal to try and post more during 2008, what can I say, I enjoy reading other blogs...everyone else's life seems so much more interesting than mine! Oh well, I just wanted to share a few photos from Christmas. We were pretty busy but had alot of fun.

Grandma and the boys making cookies!

My cookie monster!

Since my Grandmother passed away in September, I wanted to do something for the Nursing home and as Christmas approached I thought that it would be a perfect time to show the boys that the season isn't just about Santa and presents. So, we decided to make a bunch of cookies for the staff and residents to enjoy. The boys had a great time making cookies and cards to pass out to the residents. My mom took the boys over to the home a week before Christmas and she said that the staff and residents were so appreciative of their cards and cookies. I was so glad that the boys enjoyed doing something for people that they barely even knew and it showed them that the season is about giving and praising our Lord for the many blessings that we have been given.

We enjoyed Christmas Eve with Dave's parents and then my brother came over to spend the night (which he has done for the past couple of years) so that he could wake the boys up at a crazy hour to see what Santa brought! Then we spent Christmas at my parents house and played cards and just enjoyed the day. Here are just a few other pictures...

The boys before Christmas Eve Mass.

Waiting for Santa!

Hopefully, for 2009, I will do a much better job of updating everyone as to what's going on and find some interesting things to blog about! Although the new year is already bringing us challenges, I want to be optimistic and continue to pray that He will show us the way.

No comments: