Saturday, January 31, 2009

Organizer's Unite!

For those who know me best, they know that I'm totally a Type A personality. Everything has a place and everything in its place. Well, that worked fine when I lived by myself but now as a mom living in a house of all males (including our dog)the struggle for me is to maintain some sense of organization. I truly believe that over the past five years, I've let go of alot of my crazy expectations and tried to work around the fact that literally five minutes after I clean something, there's Loverboy and Monkey following behind me, just to mess things up. I'm beginning to think that it's an evil plot to to drive me crazy (which I think their dad is heading up to just make me insane!)

So, I'm constantly looking in magazines, googling, reading blogs and books in an effort to find simple ways to organize my home and life to keep what little is left of my mind. Two weeks ago, I came across a fantastic book by Kathy Peel titled "The Busy Mom's Guide to a Happy, Organized Home." As a full-time working mom, I simply go from my paying job to my "real" job at home and I need all the help I can get. Not only is it full of useful advice, it's also a great reference, you don't necessarily need to read the entire book to get good use out of it. I want to devote a portion of my blog this year to passing along tips and tricks that I find useful and I hope that other people who read this blog will share their ideas!


Do you have an organizational book or website that you love?

No comments: