Monday, February 9, 2009

Not Me Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week. This is my first time trying this and I think it's going to be a lot of fun!

I most certainly did NOT yell speak loudly at my youngest after dinner last week to quit singing the Indiana Jones theme song for the hundredth time (in the last two hours!) because mommy had a headache from the off key singing. Nevermind that I'm not tired of taking that oh-so adorable Indiana Jones costume (which I did not purchase for Christmas) off of him every five minutes when he changes his mind and wants to be a Star Wars Clone Tropper.

I would never tell my oldest son to stop crying about not feeling well because it only makes it worse and mommy needs to finish making dinner.

The following day, I did not feel like a complete failure as a mother when I took Logan to the doctor and found out that he had the beginnings of pneumonia and realized that I should have taken him in two days before. But I would never be more concerned about the deductible we had to pay up front than whether or not my child was truly not feeling well. And I never cried to my husband that I felt like the worst mother for not taking his symptoms more seriously.

Logan, my sensitive son, did not tell me that I should change my shirt because I looked fat, after walking into my bedroom while I was changing my clothes and noticed my lovely stomach (and all the strechmarks courtesy of his 9lb. 10oz. body!)

After my youngest child started feeling sick, I did not pick up a bucket and place it by his bedside (in the middle of the night) and tell him to only call me after he got sick. I also would never lay a towel down on his bed after throwing up and hitting the side of his bed, a little bit, and telling him that mommy would change his sheets in the morning because it wasn't that bad. This was not my seventh time being up with him since he went to sleep at 9:00pm and I couldn't see straight, let alone change a bed! And I would never slug gently nudge my husband in the arm after getting back in bed and telling him what an jerk insensitive husband he was for not getting up, again!

Finally, I most certainly did not almost cancel going to an ice rink gathering (put together by co-workers) on Saturday with Logan because I was too afraid to get on the ice after almost 15 years and fall on my butt! And I didn't tear up while we were there and he asked to hold my hand while we were skating.

For my first shot at this, it wasn't too hard to admit to all of this, I feel so much better now! I most certainly will not cringe if any of my friends read this and choose not associate with me anymore, LOL!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Understand the deductable thing. I put off going to the doctor sometimes b/c of that too. It's ridiculous...

Leave it to a child to make you feel good about your body. I'll be nursing my infant & my toddler will come over and play with my "love handles." Yeah...thanks a lot.

Have a great Monday!!

Kameron said...

Don't you wish they weren't so honest!!! Oh, I can't wait till mine can tell me I look fat! Ugh!! Great first Not Me! post!

Lisa said...

This made me laugh out loud! I can't tell you how many times I have done many of these same things. Love the towel on the bed one the most! I still am chuckling! Also, did I tell you about the time Caroline looked at me before I was going out one night and said, "Mom, you are a fashion DON'T!" She was only eight and told me my jeans were way too tight and that I couldn't go out with them on.
It's all part of motherhood. You take the good with the bad and the ugly! xoxo

Takin' time to smell the flowers! said...

The lovelyness of motherhood:) Gotta love kids and their, honesty. I loved your Not me's! Thanks for sharing.