Sunday, March 1, 2009

Diet...Week One

Well, week one has come and gone and yes...I'm still here. I've never been a big dieter but over the years, I've learned that my athletic figure wasn't just going to maintain itself. I've come to terms with it's not how much I lose, but how good I feel. Well...it's been a very rough week!

I think the hardest thing for me has been to give up the caffeine (soda) and so I was definitely feeling it through the entire week...I LOVE MY PEPSI! But, by Thursday night, I was doing better and trying to find other drinks, besides water, that could keep me hydrated and happy. This is a challenge for me because I don't like tea (of any kind) and I can't stand skim milk. So, H2O has been my BFF and I'm hoping that after the first two weeks, I'll start to feel better with only drinking water. If anyone has other suggestions, I'm all ears!

So far, I've lost 5 lbs., not bad but I'm not going to be disillusioned by the lack of caffeine and the fact that I'm not eating everything in sight to make me think that it's going to be easy. So, here's to another week...the person I really feel sorry for is my husband, Dave just be patient with me, I know that I'm not easy to be around but I'm glad your here with me!

No comments: