Wednesday, May 6, 2009

New Toys for Mom!

For those who know me I'm a bit of a neat freak and one of my biggest frustrations over the past three years since moving into our new house has been our washer and dryer. Although the duo were not very old (8 yrs.) we just never seemed to get along when they moved to the new house with us. My dryer decided that it needed two complete drying cycles to complete one load, which in my world, was totally unacceptable! And my washing machine had issues standing still whenever I put more than five articles of clothing in it. However, I tried to repair the relationship and be understanding. Well, after my mini meltdown a few weeks ago, hubby took pitty on me and said that we could finally get a new set...it would be my Mother's Day gift.

Ahem, not that we're back in the 1950's but that was music to my ears, even if it did sound like I was getting appliances (that benefit the entire family) as a present for being a mom. That's ok, I can work with it.
So, I'd had my eye on this set for over a year but due to our budget "plan" they just weren't in the cards...until today!

I heart this duo! I've never been as excited to do laundry as I was last night! As most of you know, I LOVE the color red but I honestly never thought I would get these in this color but man, they go great with my color scheme. They even play a happy little chime when the cycle is finished, I smiled each time I heard it...hubby thought I was crazy but when you're the one stuck in a room for hours on end cleaning smelly boys clothing, you need a happy little tune!

The funniest part about yesterday was the image I found when I walked into the laundry room towards dinner time and found the dynamic duo here...


I thought they were outside in the back yard playing so it didn't surprise me when I didn't hear noises coming from family room. Even after I found them in the laundry room and I went to get my camera and take a picture, they never flinched, as though they were watching a favorite movie on TV. I think after the flash went off on my camera they finally noticed me and asked why I was taking a picutre. Once I explained how funny I thought it was that they were watching the laundry they just smiled and went back to watching the "show." I went back a few minutes later and found them doing this...


Now I know why my mom always laughed at my brother when we were young, doesn't take much to entertain them!


1 comment:

Kylie said...

Laundry day actually looks fun!!