Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Another Carter Conversation...

One of my last posts was about a typical Carter conversation that happens between myself and my fiercely independent five year old. The conversation that took place last week is just too precious not to share...

NOTE: The conversation takes place at 4:00am on Monday morning, the day after Mother's Day...

Carter: "Mommy?" (poking me as I'm asleep in my bed)

Me: "Carter, please go back to sleep, it's too early to be getting up now."

Carter: "But Mommy, I have something important to tell you."

Me: "Carter, PLEASE go back to bed, Mommy's very tired and I have to get up in a little while to go into work."

Carter: "Mommy, I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry that it's no longer your Happy Mother's Day...I love you."

Me: Now feeling incredibly guilty...Aw buddy, thank you for telling me this, I love you too.

He truly amazes me...literally 24/7.

No comments: